Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed issue ?

iamataff
Hooked

Speed issue ?

Hello there !
New customer as of 3/10/16. Had a few teething issues but have a stable connection now.
My profile was setup wrong at 1st but was quickly corrected but my speed still isn't as high as I'd like.

I have an up to 76 package but am only receiving 20 ish.
My estimate is 48-60.

What details do I need to provide so this can be sorted Smiley
11 REPLIES 11
geek26
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Speed issue ?

Could you please do the Speedtest here and then do the further diagnostic check, and post the results here but make sure you remove your phone number when posting results back.

iamataff
Hooked

It doesnt say the number on this result page. I wont use the phone anyway (unconnected).

geek26
Aspiring Pro

Looking at the results your line seems as though it's performing where it should be I don't see any speed problems here.

iamataff
Hooked

Why am I only at 20 ? When my estimated from plusnet is 48-60.
With the Open Reach Engineer confirming at installation.

geek26
Aspiring Pro

For your connection the acceptable range is 16-22 Mbps this is what is says on the BT wholesale status therefore your operating at your lines maximum capacity.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Hello @iamataff Sorry to hear you are experiencing slow speeds. If you private message me your username I will be happy to run a couple of tests to see if there is anything we can do.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
iamataff
Hooked

I understand that but why would plus net give me a higher estimate when they knew that info before I did. Hmmm.

Sent you a PM.
geek26
Aspiring Pro

Fully understand this is an odd one best thing to do know is wait for the member of plusnet staff to run the tests and see what the results are

James 

ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

@geek26 wrote:

For your connection the acceptable range is 16-22 Mbps this is what is says on the BT wholesale status therefore your operating at your lines maximum capacity.

The "acceptable range" shown by the BT Speedtester is based on whatever speed your line is currently connected at. It does not give any indication of if the speed your line is connected at is the speed your line should be getting.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Thanks for your PM. Testing your line whilst I can see that your router is in sync at a slow speed I'm not actually able to determine the cause.

Downstream Speed 23.6 Mbps
Upstream Speed 3.7 Mbps
Voice Line Test Result Pass

I would suggest troubleshooting the problem at http://faults.plus.net where you can complete the process to raise a fault to us if you need to.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
iamataff
Hooked

Hi, thanks guys for your comments. I have opened a ticket and will report back.