Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed is drastically lowered after house move

thecrius
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Speed is drastically lowered after house move

I've subscribed for an Unlimited Fibre Extra package while I was in a previous property that managed to reach anyway not more than 35Mbps.

Moving into another property, finally, this weekend and I checked the speed a couple days ago and it showed a really depressing 20Mbps which is going to be like being back in the 2000s.

This is what I see from my account details for the broadbad:

-----

Your broadband service

• Product: Unlimited Fibre Extra
  • Estimated Download Range: 29 - 43Mbps
  • Estimated Upload Range: 5 - 7Mbps
  • Minimum Guaranteed Speed: 24.9Mbps
  • Current Line Speed (Download): 32.8Mbps

-----

Is there anything that can be done? If it's a problem, as I suspect, of good old crappy infrastructure that this great country is so ripe of, can we at least downgrade my contract to a regular "Unlimited Fibre"? No reason to pay for the "Extra" if there is no extra at all.

3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Speed is drastically lowered after house move

Hi @thecrius

I'm sorry to see your speeds are slow at your new property. I can't test your line as it looks like your router over there isn't plugged in or it may not be switched on but I'm happy to follow up next week once you've moved in.

I've also added a reply onto the support ticket logged you can view/reply to by going Here with a little more detail.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
thecrius
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Engineer came and "deactivated" the several jacks around the house (this new house even had one in the toilet upstairs for some reason).

Nominal speed is up to around 55Mbps but still, I can only get up to 30Mbps on my laptop even when on 5/5 WiFi signal.

Also, randomly the router decide to start dropping the device connected and just keep looping on that until I restart it.

We already got a replacement and the problem was the same.

Please invest in some quality router Plus.net, this is really frustrating.

Going to continue on this other thread as the issue is more pertinent to the other topic than this one.

https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/Frequent-disconnection-both-from-the-line-itself-and-t...

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hiya @thecrius, I have replied on the other thread.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team