Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed help please

FIXED
MrCJLambert
Dabbler

Speed help please

Sorry to make yet another post about this kind of issue but speeds are way down. Should be getting ~70mbps down and ~20mbps up. Speeds currently stuck ~8mbps down and ~13mbps up. I have attached a screenshot of my suggested speeds.

Much thanks,

CJL

3 REPLIES 3
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

Re: Speed help please

Fix

A view of your router stats would be more helpful to help diagnose your problems - details from the Helpdesk tab is you have the Hub 1, making sure you hide any personal details such as username and password.

Also how is your phone line. any pops or crackles, have you done a quiet line test - 17070 option 2 ?

MrCJLambert
Dabbler

Thanks for the reply @Mustrum.

I do not have the Hub 1. I am using a TD-W8980 connected to my Openreach modem and have a separate AP downstairs connected to the TD-W8980 using powerline adapters. I'll try to get those stats for you :).

Phoneline is fine. No crackles or anything like that. Just had a new piece of cable put in by an Openreach engineer after he discovered a HRF.

MrCJLambert
Dabbler

Well.... this is embarrassing. Just reconnected using CHAP instead of AUTO_AUTH and the speeds are back up to normal. Sorry for wasting your time and thanks for the help.