cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed has slowed to under 25mb, upload is under 7mb

dude1982

Speed has slowed to under 25mb, upload is under 7mb

I'm a new customer, I have done all the Checks on the website including the master socket etc, I was really pleased with the speed the first few days and now it's slowed right down, when I took up the plan I think I can recall it saying 29mb guaranteed. I have done the btwholesale speed test, I'll upload the results
2 REPLIES 2
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Speed has slowed to under 25mb, upload is under 7mb

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to Fibre Broadband.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Re: Speed has slowed to under 25mb, upload is under 7mb

Hi @dude1982,

I'm sorry that your speed has dropped and for the delay in getting back to you on here. Testing your line has found a fault but has been unable to determine whether this lies internally or externally to your property. As this is the case, we'll need to do some troubleshooting to start ruling things out.

I'd recommend starting with basic checks here: http://goo.gl/p2tpvL If these checks don't resolve the problem, the next step would be to connect your router directly to the test socket, which is under the faceplate of your master socket and seeing if the connection stabilises. This rules out internal wiring, face plates and extension sockets as being the cause. Please see the following guide for instructions on how to connect to the test socket. https://community.plus.net/t5/Library/Testing-From-The-Master-Socket/ba-p/1322242

Please let us know how it goes.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team