cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed gone again. Down from 36mbps to 10-12mbps.

blinkydamo

Speed gone again. Down from 36mbps to 10-12mbps.

Hi,

Wondering if I could get some help with my broadband again.  I have FTTC service that I have had for 10+ years without issue, recently I have had a load of disconnects and twice recently I have had the speed crippled.  I recently had an OpenReach engineer attend site, tested the lines and found nothing wrong, reset something in the exchange and restored the service back to 30.9mbps, 0.3 above the minimum level.

Yesterday I noticed pages loading slow again and general lag, ran a speedtest from my ethernet connected server an average download speed of about 10mbps, BT Wholesale recorded a maximum of 14mbps.  I have power cycled the BT modem as well as my own firewall and the speed has not recovered.  I have attached screenshots of the tests.

Two of my neighbours, one of which is with Plus Net, have both been having issues with disconnects as well, is it possible that there is something else going on elsewhere that is affecting my service and bringing my link speeds down?

I am not running Plus Net hardware and haven't for the entire time that I have been with Plus Net, I have tested my hardware and found no fault at all, I have also bypassed my firewall completely by creating a PPPoE connection direct from the BT modem to my Linux laptop and run a speed test and still the same.  I am not able to use the BT master socket under the face plate as the splitter is built into the face plate.

I have raised a fault on the website, however the email that I received asked me to run BT Wholesae tests and upload them using the wizard, sorry but I can't see anywhere to upload them to the ticket using the link provided.  If someone could please have a loomk at this and let me know if there is anything that can be done to restore this I would be grateful.

Cheers,

Damian

Plus Net Username: Blinkydamo

Postcode: LL11 6YL

2 REPLIES 2
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Speed gone again. Down from 36mbps to 10-12mbps.

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to Fibre Broadband.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Re: Speed gone again. Down from 36mbps to 10-12mbps.

Hi @blinkydamo 

Thank you for reaching out via our Community Forum regarding the issues with your broadband service. I've run some tests on our end which clearly do show an issue, which is obviously having quite an impact on your download speeds. We've been advised that another engineer appointment will be necessary in order to investigate further.

Before proceeding though, we'd like you to try a few things to make sure that the source of the problems do not lie within your domain / property. I've sent you an email which contains a video of some troubleshooting steps you can take. Once you've done that, respond to the Open Fault Ticket on your Member Centre, and our Technical Support Team will be happy to follow up.

I've also included our Broadband test results below for your reference:

KBD
GEA Test Detail
Circuit ID NA Service ID  

Test Outcome Fail
Test Outcome Code GTC_FTTC_SERVICE_1613
Description Potential HR Joint detected on GEA service. Please continue to submit a trouble report
Main Fault Location CE
Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 25.8 Mbps
Upstream Speed 0.4 Mbps
Appointment Required Y
Fault Report Advised Y
NTE Power Status PowerOn
Voice Line Test Result Pass
Bridge Tap Detected
Radio Frequency Ingress Detected
Repetitive Electrical Impulse Noise Not Detected
Cross Talk Detected
Estimated Line Length In Metres 687.7
Upstream Rate Assessment Low
Downstream Rate Assessment Low
Interference Pattern Not Detected
Service Impact No Impact Observed
Home Wiring Problem Not Detected
Downstream Policing Discard Rate 0.0
Customer Traffic Level Upstream and Downstream traffic detected
Technology VDSL
DP Type External
Profile Name 0.128M-35M Downstream, Error Protection Off - 0.128M-10M Upstream, Error Protection Off
Time Stamp 2021-05-15T15:00:00
Parameters MIN MAX AVG
Down Stream Line Rate 16.6 Mbps 35.0 Mbps 34.2 Mbps
Up Stream Line Rate 0.2 Mbps 9.9 Mbps 8.2 Mbps
Up Time 599.0 Sec 900.0 Sec 897.7 Sec
Retrains 0.0 8.0 0.0
 Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds