cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed getting worse as time goes on.

Viking

Speed getting worse as time goes on.

Hi All,
I upgraded to FTTC as soon as it became available on my exchange about 11 months ago. I was the first person on my cabinet the engineer said. At install my speed was 67 / 18 and I was more than happy.
As time has gone on I've noticed the speeds getting worse and worse. 67 became 63, became 58, became 49, became 43 and now I am seeing 38 / 10
I'm paying for the higher package but getting the lower package speeds. I have read up about cross talk and interference etc, but can it really affect me this much? If I downgrade to the 40meg package will I still get 36 do you think or am I likely to drop to 20 or something ridiculous?
I did attempt to raise a ticket a few months back when it was in the 50s but I got told is was in the expected range.
Really frustrated, Any ideas?
Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Speed getting worse as time goes on.

If you downgrade your downstream speeds (assuming your sync is already 40 mb/s or less) should not be affected but please be aware that the upstream speed on the current Plusnet lower FTTC package (Fibre Unlimited) is capped at 2mb/s.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Viking

Re: Speed getting worse as time goes on.

Thanks.
2!!!!!! ... what a joke.