Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed fault - 80Mb to 30Mb

FIXED
briarley17
Grafter

Speed fault - 80Mb to 30Mb

Hello

Currently our internet speed appears to be capped at 30Mb/s. Usually there is no issue attaining 75Mb/s+ on BTW speedtest.

The connection time is at 14days 13hours so there seems to be no issue in that regard.

As far as I am aware the only drops we get are the occasional momentary power outages we have had  in the early hours once every 2-3weeks for the last few months (whole road, not just our property). We are always aware of when these drops occur as we have to reset various clocks when they do.

Please see attached screenshots.

Many thanks.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Personal information removed from attachment in a public forum.

3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Speed fault - 80Mb to 30Mb

Fix

Hi there,

Sorry to hear you're having speed issues.

My tests are showing your router in sync at 31.1mbps.

I'd recommend running through the checks here and reporting the fault to us here

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
briarley17
Grafter

Hi Gandalf, thank you for your response.

I connected to the test socket and ran BTW Speedtest (and an Ookla speedtest) - both came out at approx. 75Mb/s down, 15Mb/s up.

I have now reconnected the faceplate (BTOR MK2) and connected as usual. BTW Speedtest (& Ookla) now both coming out around 75Mb/s down, 15Mb/s up.

What is likely to have cause the low sync speed I experienced? Or is that impossible to really say?

I did begin a fault ticket, but marked as 'my problem is fixed' halfway through.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Happy to hear your speeds are back up. Given that my tests hadn’t identified any issues earlier, it is difficult to say what caused the drop in speed. But I’d say that the resync fixed it.
From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet