cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed drops on FTTC link

KJR
Dabbler

Speed drops on FTTC link

I have been suffering with intermittent download speed drops for the last few weeks which has been reported and still under investigation by Plusnet. I have had multiple engineer visits to check my line without any fault being found and various other components have been changed. My line normally runs at 38Mbps and drops down to speeds as low as 5Mbps at times across the day.

I have notice recently a number of people raising the same issue and wanted to see how may other people are suffering similar problems?

3 REPLIES 3
Aly
Rising Star

Re: Speed drops on FTTC link

Suffering the same issue here recently.

Plusnet seem to be ignoring the issue. Feel like I'm back with BE Broadband.

KJR
Dabbler

Glad to hear I am not the only one experiencing  this issue.

I assure you Plusnet aren't ignoring this as I am talking to them daily about this. Which gateway are you connected to?

I was also a BE Broadband customer.

Aly
Rising Star

Thanks KJR, well please quote me if you are keeping in contact that others have this issue.

I'm on this 

Which gateway
You are currently connected to gateway ptw-ag04.

This is located in Telehouse West.

I always try to get on this gateway find this the best for Gaming and general downloading.
Yeah like Plusnet I loved BE and the service but the customer service got poor when I had issues.

I don't want to say this is a coincidence but when you look at my current line speed

Phone exchange:
HOUGHTON LE SPRING
Estimated line speed:
32Mb (This may vary between 23Mb and 32.1Mb) - Checked on 2016-04-28 17:50:41
Current line speed:
38.6 Mb

Then when you look at my speed it falls right in line with my minimum speed.

It really feels like the line is being restricted. Doesn't feel like a fault but something capping my speed.
I have always had 38mb for the past 6 months without fail, no drop outs, low latency and fast webpages.

Come on Plusnet please do not turn poor now, there's not many good ISP's out there please don't turn like the rest of them!