Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed dropped

gemmapowell
Hooked

Speed dropped

Hi, 

There was some bad weather last week and ever since my connection has dropped from about 45 downstream to 27 and my SNR has gone way up from around 6 to 21... Could you guys see what's going on please and do a profile reset if thats the case.

Cheers

5 REPLIES 5
geek26
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Speed dropped

Hi,

Sadly Plusnet don't have the power the change the SNR on fibre broadband, You could request customer services to do a line check to check everything out and depending on result of test they may be able to make changes to improve your speed.

James

Customer service can be contacted here

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

As has been advised we can't change DLM or the SNR target on Fibre.

If you believe your speeds have dropped you can raise this here

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
gemmapowell
Hooked

Thanks but I haven't asked for DLM or SNR change - Just for my profile to be raised as it was set to 25Mb. 

I spoke to someone on live chat yesterday and they raised the profile for me but rebooting the router and reconnecting had no change.

Had so many problems lately, moving house and out of contract now so will just go with a better provider. Raised issues too many times with no resolve.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

The BT profile is set and based on your sync speed.

As I've mentioned that profile can't be reset.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
gemmapowell
Hooked

My IP profile set on plusnet end was set at 25Mb, the team on live chat raised it yesterday