Did you mean: 

Speed dropped from 60Mbps to 40Mbs

FIXED
Mav
Fixes: 515

Re: Speed dropped from 60Mbps to 40Mbs

@22over7 wrote:

And maybe the PM button to tell him/her directly

Click on the avatar or name then scroll down and you will find a Send Private Message button.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

@disposalist wrote:

Good news there.

@Can I ask @Gandalf what else can be set in those profiles?...

Plusnet have no control over Profiles for a fibre connection they are set automatically by DLM in the fibre cab, Plusnet can only view them to see if anything is amiss like DLM banding the connection or if G.INP has been enabled.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

@Terranova667 wrote:

Plusnet have no control over Profiles for a fibre connection they are set automatically by DLM in the fibre cab, Plusnet can only view them to see if anything is amiss like DLM banding the connection or if G.INP has been enabled.

Whilst that's true, in this case I just had to manually adjust the profile on the account itself on our side to match the sync.

Though, I think @disposalist was referring to the No Time Out bit from...

Connection Profile: Generic Speed 78000 No Time Out

Honestly I'm unsure what that means, but to answer the question below...

@Can I ask @Gandalf what else can be set in those profiles?...

...only the speed can be set.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
22over7
Rising Star

I'm curious about this. There's a (can I call it "Openreach" ?)  Profile/banding/etc, set by the modem/DSLAM, beyond the control of Plusnet. Fair does. My modem reports my Profile is 17a. (I've no real idea what that means.)

Then, there's "the profile on the account itself", which I'm guessing is what allows Plusnet to deny 80/20 to someone paying only for 40/2, but having a superb (120/40??) OR line. Again, fair does.  

It seems , because sometimes on the Plusnet side the second needs to be reset, that these things sometimes get out of sync. Is that an unwarranted inference?  Or is it just that the customer needs reconnect, prompted by a super-star on the CS help team?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Your account type on our side should match the provisioned service with our suppliers BT Wholesale. For example, if you're on 40/2, this would be provisioned as 40/2 with BTW, Openreach and your account type will be set as that also.

As for the profile, when there's changes to the sync speed, the account receives speed updates via delta report automatically which adjusts the connection profile.

This should be around 96.7% of the sync speed on fibre, and 88.2% on ADSL. Sometimes, after a change in the connection profile, you just need to reboot the router to essentially "accept the new change in speed".

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
22over7
Rising Star

@Gandalf wrote:

Your account type on our side should match the provisioned service with our suppliers BT Wholesale. For example, if you're on 40/2, this would be provisioned as 40/2 with BTW, Openreach and your account type will be set as that also

OK, modulo "should", "would" and "will", that's clear.