cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed dropped after a day outtage !

Dave0906

Speed dropped after a day outtage !

Hi, my fibre went down Saturday midday, after numerous chats with team, I find out Sunday that Openreach was contacted to look at line, well as of today connection sort-of came back and dropped but again 3 further chats and got internet at last, but speed has dropped from a steady 76mbps down to around 54mbps. I checked with a wired connection to PC with nothing else connected or on Wi-Fi and watched for 90 mins and still the same! Have openreach caused an issue or does plusnet need to restart my profile like others are saying?
1 REPLY 1
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Speed dropped after a day outtage !

speed has dropped from a steady 76mbps down to around 54mbps

Have openreach caused an issue or does plusnet need to restart my profile like others are saying?

Unfortunately we can't reset profiles on fibre circuits, this can only be performed by an engineer after they have resolved an issue.

Testing your line is reporting a potential issue on the copper line itself, however the fault report has returned to us requesting an engineer visit so I'll update the ticket shortly with that information.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.