cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed drop

Haffoc
Grafter

Speed drop

Would it be possible to have my profile reset?

A couple of months back, when we had one of the hottest days my broadband dropped and I lost around 10mbps(went from 72mb to 62mb). I had hoped that given time the line would improve on its own but now I can't connect greater than 62mb.

3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Speed drop

Hi there,

Our tests are showing your router physically in sync at 60.2mbps and there's no banding or artificial speed restriction on the line as you're on an open profile of "0.128M-80M Downstream 3dB, Retransmission High - 0.128M-20M Upstream, Error Protection Off" Unfortunately there's not a lot we can do as your line estimates are between 49.7mbps and 72.1mbps.

I've bumped up the connection profile on your account from 55mbps to 60mbps matching your sync speed so if you reboot your router you may see a small increase in speed.

Let us know if there's anything else you'd need help with.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Haffoc
Grafter

There's certainly some sort of fault. My speeds have now dropped to less than 10mb down/13mb up. This is slower than my old ADSL service was! According to my router, I am syncing at 63mbps. If so then something is definitely throttling my connection.

Here are the results from BT speedtest using a wired connection.

BT Wholesale Broadband Performance Test

Broadband Speed Test Results

Download Speed (Mbps): 8.98

Upload Speed (Mbps) : 13.88

Ping Latency (ms): 11
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Hello@Haffoc,

We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing an issue with your connection and for any inconvenience this may cause. I have checked your connection and can see that is dropping more than we would expect. Our tests are also finding high resistance on the line and therefore we will need you to rule your internal wiring out by plugging the connection into your test socket which is under the faceplate of your master socket and seeing if the drops stop. This rules out internal wiring, face plates and extension sockets as being the cause. How to locate the test socket and set your connection into it can be found here.

If the problem still persists from here, please report a fault and get back to us here so we can pick this up for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team