cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed drop/poor service.

Stronghold
Dabbler

Speed drop/poor service.

My line has dropped from 78/20 (running fine for a year) down to 49/20, logged a ticket and the issue just seem to be brushed under the carpet with "there is nothing we can do, everything is running within acceptable parameters."
No one even gave a proper answer  apart from telling me that my line speed is effected by the distance your house is from the exchange....Like my house has grown legs and moved a few streets further away!. ( angry stare)
Turns out after I did my OWN research with a sky engineer! that every single exchange in my area is over capacity apart from mine.....and that my exchange is not a real exchange but a relay so that could be why I am seeing such a huge speed loss as all the others here are over capacity.
Took a sky engineer 5 mins to find this out for me....he was fitting a new hd box in my living room and even took the time to show me the list of affected exchanges (PN?).
If this is the reason I will be very annoyed at the customer service for not even bothering to check this and it has left me contemplating my repeated custom.
Still have a ticket open about this matter and its really bugging me that something like this could have been missed.
any thoughts?
Caelestis
Stronghold
2 REPLIES 2
Andrue
Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Speed drop/poor service.

Quote from: Stronghold
Took a sky engineer 5 mins to find this out for me....he was fitting a new hd box in my living room and even took the time to show me the list of affected exchanges (PN?).
The phrase 'Sky engineer' is an oxymoron. They are a bloke with a van who has been trained how to screw and unscrew coaxial cable and managed to memorise the secret key presses to get to the installer menu. I can see no reason why a Sky 'engineer' would have access to any information concerning telephone exchanges. Nothing in his job requires him to know anything beyond being able to recognise a telephone socket.
In any case Sky arrange their own backhaul out of exchanges so any congestion he knows about has nothing to do with Plusnet. That would be like a DHL driver telling you that that lousy vehicles he gets given to drive are the reason why Yodel are crap.
The best thing you can do with information or advice given by a Sky monkeyengineer is ignore it.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: Speed drop/poor service.

Sorry to hear your not happy with the support we've given you.
The information the Sky engineer has given you is incorrect as exchange capacity isn't causing your issues.
From testing your line it appears you could be affected by crosstalk which is interference that builds up in the cabinet as more users swap over to FTTC.
There isn't anything we or other providers can do about this I'm afraid.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team