Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed drop on unlimited fibre extra

FIXED
moansalot13
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

Speed drop on unlimited fibre extra

Hi - after a less than smooth FTTC  and phone install last august 2016 _ I eventually managed to get a reasonably  stable b/b OK it was circa 69/70 mbps d/l  rather than the estimated 78-80 (original  estimate from plusnet and BT engineers ) of which i had about 6-8 visits and at one point the line was cut by contractors  Angry  opening up the pavement to resolve an identified underground fault ( about 6 weeks after the issue was originally reported by initial Install engineer) and finally repaired I was able to connect at circa 70/18+ mbps - somewhat less than initial estimates  but guessing age of property ( early 70's ) there is a high chance the wiring to property is Aluminium rather than copper so not expecting much more.

After a long winded preamble I'll get to the point - Yesterday and today I was getting Speedtest estimates of circa 49/18 ( though late yesterday speed was back to 69 d/l briefly )  

Just ran BTW test and speed reported as 49.65 d/l and 16.89 u/l  with IP profile as 49.65

Last BTW profile that i kept shows a d/l speed of 70.36 mb and ip profile of 71.54 mbps

copies of relevant BTW tests attached for reference / review

So according to today's test results I appear to have lost 21.59 mbps d/l speed 

I just ran a quiet test on my phone line which appears to be okay  - ie nice and quiet

Do I report this loss of speed as a line ( phone)  issue / fault  or as a FTTC fault -

please investigate / test your side and advise

4 REPLIES 4
moansalot13
Rising Star

Re: Speed drop on unlimited fibre extra

Anyone from Plusnet care to comment  or must I hang on a phone line  ( your call is important to us)  for 30-40 min

moansalot13
Rising Star

Online chat was less painful today  - potential fault identified and engineer visit arranged for tomorrow

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Let us know how the engineer visit goes today, hopefully they identify and resolve the problem for you.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
moansalot13
Rising Star

Fix

apologies for delay - ticket updated

Engineer replaced master socket - speed now better than 70 mbps 

Thanks for prompt responce