cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed drop of around 10 Mbps since moving from Sky to Plusnet

joemcd

Speed drop of around 10 Mbps since moving from Sky to Plusnet

Hi,
I moved from Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro to Plusnet 80/20 last month. I used to get download speeds of around 66 Mbps with Sky but they tended to be around 54 Mbps when I first joined Plusnet. I changed the modem from the ECI supplied by OR to the HG612 which gave me a 2 Mbps boost. After complaining a few times to Plusnet they said it's within tolerances.
According to the BT Broadband availability checker I should get the following:
FTTC Range A (Clean): 66.9 - 80 Mbps
FTC Range B (Impacted): 56.9 - 80 Mbps
As I started off with an ECI modem on a Huawei cabinet, would it be possible to do a DLM reset on my line?
Cheers
4 REPLIES 4
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Speed drop of around 10 Mbps since moving from Sky to Plusnet

Unfortunately it's not possible for us to DLM resets on a fibre line remotely I'm afraid and in your case it won't make much difference as your profile is "0.128M-74M Downstream, Interleaving Low - 0.128M-20M Upstream, Error Protection Off" and your syncing at 61mbps
The sync speed is currently within the estimated impacted range so we'd struggle to get our suppliers to investigate I'm afraid.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
joemcd

Thanks Matthew for getting back to me so quickly. It's strange that your suppliers have a "just be happy with what you have" mentality rather than try to provide the best service to the customer. I appreciate there's not much you can do on your side though.
joemcd

Hi Matthew,
Just a quick update on this. Your technical team escalated it to Openreach who did some work on the line and now the speed is back to what I was getting with Sky.
Joe
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Fantastic!
They can't always do it so I'm glad to see in this case they were able to
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team