Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed drop - not recovering

FIXED
traceyunderdown
Dabbler

Re: Speed drop - not recovering

"" I can see that we've investigated the speed of your account extensively"".......

If you mean that a number of people from the *TECH*..??? department of plusnet have gone through the same set of basic tests then yes, 

Plusnet supply my fibre broadband so plusnet should be able to tell me  why my speeds keep dropping but they seem absolutely useless and the book that the tech department reads from needs updating.

As you can probably tell i am getting more and more annoyed with plusnet , finally got some were about a month ago wen a engineer came out and reset my line and my ping dropped to 14 and about a week later my data rate went up but then last night for some reason plusnet  (tr69) tried to connect to my router a number of times and failed as it isnt a plusnet router then they dropped my connection and when it came back up the data rate had dropped back down and my ping is not going below 32, obviously plusnet wont even acknowledge a problem as the data rate is within the mga and they dont care about ping which in my eyes is the most important thing 

iv attached the 2 pages of event logs from last night maybe someone could shed some light on wat is going on as i am not happy with a ping of 32+ on the fibre extra package.

This is in no way a reflection of the guys here on the member centre who have always been brilliant but the tech support i always receive on the phone 

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @traceyunderdown

I can see that your Minimum Guaranteed Access Line Speed is  49Mbps and your router is currently syncing at 57.1Mbps 

I'm sorry that you are experiencing high ping - can you confirm is this is on wired or wireless connections? 

Thanks, 

MoR

traceyunderdown
Dabbler

this is a wired network on pc has interleaving been turned on again 

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Thanks for confirming, Tracey.

The next time your ping slows down, could you please run a ping and traceroute to www.bbc.co.uk and paste the results here so that we can take a look?

The event log from your router won't help us to identify what is slowing down your ping speed I'm afraid.

Best wishes

Dave