Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed drop following migration from BT

disk0
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Speed drop following migration from BT

My connection speed has dropped from around 65 Mbps with BT to 46 Mbps, I did not expect a DLM reset to happen and assumed the change-over would not affect my speed.

I did have a phone line problem with BT which led to a DLM reset being required but this was over a month ago.  I have checked changed all the usual things, filter, rj11 lead & router - no noise on the voice line either when calling 17070 and choosing quiet line test.

Any help or advice appreciated

3 REPLIES 3
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Speed drop following migration from BT

Sorry to hear this.

I've tested your line and that's not showing any cause but I can see the router was syncing higher.

During the first 48 hours I'm afraid we can't raise any faults for this but if the speeds are still poor after raise a fault here and we'll investigate further.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
disk0
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Thanks for getting back to me, I'll keep an eye on the speed
dgilbert2
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

I'm afraid this is quite normal as a DLM reset has occurred. I had just the same issue when I moved from BT and there have been a few posts on this over the recent months.

Assuming everything was healthy when you moved across, all you can do is let DLM do its "thing". Time scales are a pain(!), anything from a few days to, in my case 6 months, for speed to get back up.

My honest advice is simply to play the waiting came and not be frustrated by it Wink