cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed drop and Estimated line speed: There's no speed estimate currently held on

Apex

Speed drop and Estimated line speed: There's no speed estimate currently held on

My speed has dropped by over 10Mb/s, I was getting 74-76 Mb/s now I am getting about 62Mb/s and when looking at my estimated speed It says "Estimated line speed: There's no speed estimate currently held on your account
2 REPLIES 2
AndyH
Grafter

Re: Speed drop and Estimated line speed: There's no speed estimate currently held on

There can be a variety of reasons for the drop - deteriorating line quality, interference, cross talk
It's hard to determine the cause, but Plusnet CRT can do a line check to see if it shows up anything.
What's your IP Profile (run the speed test then Further Diagnostics) here http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/ ?
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Speed drop and Estimated line speed: There's no speed estimate currently held on

Hi Apex,
I've taken a look through the details on your account as well as running a quick test on the line and while nothing untoward was found it does seem that you should be seeing a slightly higher speed if the estimated ranges are to be believed. Given the lack of issues being flagged on the line I would hazard a guess that the drop in speed could be linked to Crosstalk as AndyH has pointed out.
The profiles across both the suppliers system and ours seems to be consistent and there's no banding or DLM at play here which could have been another possible option and lends a little more credibility to the cause being Crosstalk. The historical information we have on your Sync speeds seems to show that your average has been around 75.5mbps over the course of the fibre being active and is currently sat at 68.8mbps so you've seen around a 6.7mbps drop.
Given the above you could raise a fault here and have the matter investigated however I would advise to be prepared for this being passed back as Crosstalk though hopefully we'll find something we can address to reverse the drop.
The missing speed estimate on your account appears to be a glitch but I think I should be able to fix this for you so that it reflects the correct speeds for you.