cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed down to half.

mikesom
Dabbler

Speed down to half.

Having been connected last Friday (29th April) I did a speed test and was getting 45-50 mb and as my estimated speed range was 49-69mb I was happy to wait for the system to stabilize.  However checking the speed at 23.36 that night I find that I am now getting 20mb max and it has stayed that way till now.  Upload is pretty much the same speed as download and I do not understand why this is happening. I am using a cable to connect to the router and using the cables supplied with the router to eliminate any potential problems.  My orginal set up with Netgear router gave me 22mb consistently and "Fibre Extra" was to double that speed at least!  I have initiated a fault query but still do not understand the dramatic reduction in speed as the same telephone line has been supporting 22mb for several years. I live in a village and I can see the exchange from my house although it is not extremely close. Taking this into account I was not expecting the maximum but would have liked an improvement!  Any Ideas?

9 REPLIES 9
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Speed down to half.

what does the BT Speedtester say for the IP profile and also the Plusnet Current Line Speed - see https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/Fibre-Speed-Faults/m-p/1270253#U1270253

mikesom
Dabbler

Bt test first and router data second.

Download speedachieved during the test was - 20.19 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 41.54 Mbps-59.34 Mbps .
 Additional Information:
 IP Profile for your line is - 59.34 Mbps

Line state: Connected
Connection time: 0 days, 00:09:20
Downstream: 59.87 Mbps
Upstream: 18.25 Mbps
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi, line tests are indicating a fault and that you should be getting better speeds than you're seeing.

I can see you've reported it with us already so our faults guys will be getting back to you soon.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
mikesom
Dabbler

Good to know things are in hand.

mikesom
Dabbler

I am just wondering how long I need to wait before pursuing this further.  The fault was reported Saturday last andI have received no contact apart from this forum. Some explanation might be good?

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Sorry to see you've not had a response yet. I'll get this flagged up to our faults team.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

FYI mikesom, faults have just let me know we've made some changes on our side and the issue should be fixed now. More details should have been added to the ticket.

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
mikesom
Dabbler

Got your messages. Speed up to 55mbs after router reboot. Many thanks. Strange that the settings should change during the initial connection period from Fibre to ADSL2.  I had thought it must be a setting as the speed was very similar to my previous speed and upload was still at Fibre levels.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I'd sorry that was overlooked initially but I'm just glad to see it's fixed.

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team