cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed down 29.8MBPS to 31.6KBPS

rachaelp1989

Speed down 29.8MBPS to 31.6KBPS

We have had our broadband for nearly two months now with no issues. From yesterday morning however when trying to do an update on the playstation network my connection speed (download) has reduced significantly down to 224.2KBPS and then reduced again today down to 31.6KBPS... connection speed (upload) has decreased down to 49.1KBPS and today it has reduced further and sometimes showing upload speed as 'failed'

When checking on the plustnet website I see there was planned broadband maintenance from the 1st Nov in the morning so we put it down to that, but today it has gotten worse than yesterday and there is no planned maintenance for today.  Nearly 24hours with barely any internet connection when I am paying for fibre isn't acceptable really.

Can anyone help? 

3 REPLIES 3
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Speed down 29.8MBPS to 31.6KBPS

Testing your line isn't showing any obvious issues.

Are those tests over a wired or wireless connection?

Can you run a BT Speedtest for me, ensuring you do the further diagnostics test after the first one completes. This stores the results on the supplier system and allows us to use this to report the fault.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
rachaelp1989

It's via a wireless connection, the last two months we haven't had any issues when using wi fi in the house it's just been yesterday when trying to connect to the wireless via playstation. 

I am unable to run the BT Speedtest at the moment as all we have in the house are wireless devices (mobiles, ipad, playstation) Only way I will be able to do this is if i lend a laptop from a relative to test this.

I have used CM Security app on my HTC Smartphone as it has a speedchecker on there and the playstation 4 settings also, I have attached results of what came up on there.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there,

It might be worth, trying to connect a device to the router directly with a network cable if you can as that should make it clear if the issue is just related to WiFi.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team