cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed consistently below guaranteed minimum

Alan_Hall

Speed consistently below guaranteed minimum

My download speed is consistently below the guaranteed minimum. How do I get this resolved? Plusnet is so difficult to contact with no email support, the chat line seems permanently unavailable and the call centre painfully slow. My last call took 50 minutes to answer. Is there another way to contact them for support and service?

Tags (2)
4 REPLIES 4
daveplus
Pro
Fixes: 10

Re: Speed consistently below guaranteed minimum

The option that you are thinking of leaving always gets a quick response. I don't know whether they could help but may be worth a shot.

Marksfish
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

Is it wired speed that is always below minimum or wireless? If the latter, you won't get much from any ISP except to change the wireless channel to see if there is local wireless overlap. If wired speedtests show issues, then PN should do something, it will usually involve the BT speedtester as that logs the speeds and PN can gain the information direct. Try a speedtest at Thinkbroadband and see what the graph looks like: https://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest

Mark

Alan_Hall

I have found the problem, thank you. It is not Plusnet's fault after all. My so called gigabit connection to the router is not living up to its name. Sorry Plusnet.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Hello @Alan_Hall,

Thanks for letting us know you found the problem. We forgive you Wink, however if you do find an issue with connection please let us know.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team