Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed check please

Kremmen
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Speed check please

Morning

Last year we had quite a few power outages due to a local dodgy street cable affecting about 2 dozen houses. That caused my download speed to drop from a high of 27Mbps to 21Mbps presumably DLM.

Since November when the street cable was identified and replaced my download speed has risen back to circa 24Mbps which is fine.

However, my upload speed, which has remained fairly constant throughout at circa 4Mbps has, in the last 6 weeks or so, dropped to around 2.5Mbps and refuses to go above 2.99Mbps which seems an odd figure. Is there a cap in place ?

Thanks

Let's be careful out there !
2 REPLIES 2
Optimatts
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 19

Re: Speed check please

Hi there @Kremmen

There is a cap in place but only based on the current product you're on. Up to 10Mbps for Unlimited Fibre and the full range of up to 20Mbps for Fibre Extra. This is based product opposed to line capability.

In your case, based on your estimates of 4Mbps max upload don't run as high as the cap so that isn't a concern.

From testing I can see you're in sync at 27.7Mbps down and 3.1Mbps up.

Your download is actually in the middle of your estimated range too of 18-31Mbps, so while I'm afraid we won't be able to raise this to suppliers (as everything is within estimates) It might be worth doing some internal troubleshooting to see if there's any improvement to your overall sync.

Kremmen
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Re: Speed check please

OK thanks.

I just find it odd that my upload speed has lost 25% of it's old speed in the last few weeks.

FYI: my poor base speeds are due to my estate having 1980 ally cable that is apparently not in the best of condition and I'm 800 yards from the cabinet, but as long as telephones work .......

Thanks again

Let's be careful out there !