Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed capped at 55000Kbps?

FIXED
shamus
Grafter

Speed capped at 55000Kbps?

I had a broadband/phone issue a couple of months ago (noise on the line) which has since been resolved. However, since the problem has been resolved it seems that my download sync appears to be capped at exactly 55000Kbps. Prior to the fault I used to sync in the low 60000's.

Upload appears to be fine and syncs at exactly 20000Kbps.

i have restarted the router a few times over this time but the download sync is always exactly 55000Kbps.

Would it be possible for a kind PlusNet staffer to check if there is any cap/restriction applied to my line?

5 REPLIES 5
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Speed capped at 55000Kbps?

Hi shamus, I've just been running diagnostics against your line and no faults are being flagged up. You might want to try following the checks here next: https://goo.gl/tu2WWu

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
shamus
Grafter

HI Adam, thanks for running the checks. I am not experiencng a problem as such, it is just that my sync speed is exactly 55000Kbps and prior to the fault it was 6000-7000Kbps higher, but always slightly different each time. So it just seemed strange (capped maybe?) that everytime I sync it is exactly 55000.

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @shamus,

I've retested your line this morning and discovered an external phone fault, which may be the cause of any issues you're currently experiencing. I've raised a ticket on your account going into further detail regarding this, which can be viewed here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
shamus
Grafter

Hi @TheMightyAJ

So, I got a text on Friday telling me that Openreach were attending to my fault. I have not heard anything since. There are no updates on the ticket etc... Can someone let me know what is going on? Did openreach find/fix the fault?

I would be grateful for an update please.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Fix

Sorry to hear this.

It looks like your speeds are currently banded by DLM as your profile is showing as " Downstream: 0.128M-55M6dB with Interleaving (Low). Upstream: 0.128M-20M with no error protection"

I've asked our suppliers to carry out a reset which should go through in the next 24 to 48 hours and increase your speeds.

Let us know if you haven't seen an increase after this

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team