cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed below guaranteed minimum for the past 6 or more months.

jordanltu

Speed below guaranteed minimum for the past 6 or more months.

Hello,

As stated above I get below 15mbps most of the time. Then I was ordering my 66mbps broadband I was told I will get 29 - 42 in my location. "OK", I thought  I still take higher plan in case I I can benefit having more than 36mbps. But it never happened. The best I got was 30mbps on my first week, maybe second and after that it just deteriorated to this what I have got, I still got another router from my previous contract and swaping them has 0 effect on the speed. I was waiting patiently, but my patience running thin. I attach of todays screenshot just so you can see what im talking about. User name: [Removed]. Thank you for your time.

Kind regards,

Nerimas Petraitis

Moderators Note: Personal information removed

5 REPLIES 5
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Re: Speed below guaranteed minimum for the past 6 or more months.

Hello there @joranltu, 

I'm sorry to read you've having trouble with your speeds, on checking over the connection you're in sync at 12.1mbps with no discernible reason for this. 

Together with our network partners at Openreach we are prioritising customers who don’t have a phone line or broadband connection, meaning there might be a delay in Speed Faults being fixed. In the meantime, please raise your speed fault online at faults.plus.net

Thanks. 

dabow
Rising Star

Just an extra comment.

I was regularly achieving 44Mb/s prior to "lockdown " in March. The speed deteriorated to 40Mb/s soon after and has been around that speed for the last 2/3months probably due to the extra "load" on the system. However, in the last couple of days speed has dropped by another 10% to around 36Mb/s. 

There seems to be a general deterioration in the system. I wonder when someone is going to get a grip on this ?

Location Wrexham.

jordanltu

Hello,

Yous seem to be quite lucky comparing to me. There was no lockdown, but my speed kept deterioriating. I havn't seen more than 20mbps for half of my contract already Smiley

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Thanks for your post @dabow and @jordantlu

Together with our network partners at Openreach we are prioritising customers who don’t have a phone line or broadband connection, meaning there might be a delay in Speed Faults being fixed.

In the meantime, please raise your speed fault online at faults.plus.net.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
S65v10
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

same as what I was getting! 

Doest 0.128M-40M Downstream mean I cannot get speeds greater than 40Mbps?

My renewal is next month and the guaranteed speed has dropped from 37 to 31....will see if I move to someone else!