Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed and stability issues

ogower
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Speed and stability issues

Apologies if I am not supposed to post this here, but had problems getting through in any other way and after a lot of trying finally managed to find this forum.  My issue is that I am appear to be losing my service completely once or twice a week and otherwise having issues daily, in terms of Netflix or Youtube freezing or dropping off on both my Blu-ray and on my phone and frequent lag issues in online gaming, which is leaving me wanting to see if another provider can provide a better connection.  On another note, I was disappointed to find no apparent option to e-mail customer service with this.  BT wholesale test as below. First test failed, second and third test almost identical results:
1. Best Effort Test:
Download Speed : 29.65 Mbps
2. Upstream Test:
Upload Speed : 2.8 Mbps

Your speed test has completed and the results are shown above, however during the test an error occurred while trying to retrieve additional details regarding your service. As a result we are unable to determine if the speed you received during the test is acceptable for your service. Please re-run the test if you require this additional information
7 REPLIES 7
ogower
Grafter

Re: Speed and stability issues

Should have said - happy for this to be responded by customer service in next day or two - no urgency as had this issue for a while but need it resolving in the medium term.  Also, PlusNet line speed as follows: Estimated line speed:There's no speed estimate currently held on your account. Current line speed:31.8 Mb.  EDIT - I have previously had customer service find a 'stale session', which was causing issues a few months ago, so they reset my connection (or something similar).
ogower
Grafter

Hi, still hoping to hear from plusnet if possible. Thanks.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Sorry to hear your having issues.
The connection looks fine from here.

Based on what you've said I'm assuming you connect over wireless?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
ogower
Grafter

Thanks for looking at this for me.  I've now replaced my Cisco USB wireless adapter with a Gigabyte wireless card, so hoping things will get better, so will only contact again if not. There have been a few drop-offs from your side, including most of a day a few weeks ago but I wonder whether the more regular issues were my adapter then.
ogower
Grafter

Hi,
Further to this, would it be possible to do a line check, as I don't seem to have a speed estimate (though 30MB isn't bad)?  I was also wondering whether the upload speed is what I should be expecting for fibre, this being between 2.5-5MB depending on when I do my test.
ogower
Grafter

No internet again this morning (on 4g on phone now). Wonder if connection needs resetting your end same as last call I made when you said I had a stale session or something one that.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi ogower.
I've just checked your connection logs and you appear to have the wrong password in place.
Try updating that and you should be straight back on.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team