Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed and b anding issue

FIXED
kens96
Hooked

Speed and b anding issue

Hi Plusnet,

I appear to have a "stuck" profile banding issue. A short while ago i was syncing at 25Mbps but now stuck permanently at 19998Kbps. Please can someone reset my profile?

This happened after I was having an issue with my router and subsequently replaced it with a new one (Same type Vigor 2862). I had hoped it would sort itself out but been like this for a few months now so I think it needs to be reset.

Thanks!

12 REPLIES 12
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Re: Speed and b anding issue

Fix

Hi @kens96,

I'm sorry that your sync speed has dropped and for any inconvenience that this has caused you. I've tested your line and can confirm that you're correct - your line is currently banded to 20mbps. I've raised this to our suppliers for an SNR reset, which should hopefully resolve this problem. This will take up to 48 hours to complete. If your speed hasn't improved after the 48 hours, please reboot your router.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@EmilyD  I hope you actually mean a DLM reset request, this is an FTTC service.😁

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

@RealAleMadrid,

@EmilyD did mean that, looks to have been just a typo. 

kens96
Hooked

Hello 

@JOLO  and @EmilyD 

A couple of days have passed. I had hoped that the speed would adjust overnight but sadly not so I rebooted the router this morning but situation still the same.

Thanks!

Plusnet2.jpg

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hi there @ken96,

Thanks for getting back to us.

I can see the correct process was followed for this reset and we are still awaiting it to complete, please monitor until tomorrow and let us know if this changes.

Thanks.

kens96
Hooked

Hi,

I waited another 48 hours and then rebooted the router again just now but still the same 😕

What can be done please? 

2019-11-16_12-42-56.jpg

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @kens96,

I'm sorry to hear that you're still having issues. Upon testing your line this evening I can see that you actually seem to be affected by a Mass Service Outage. It's unclear at this stage as to when the problem may be resolved, however if the same problem is still happening come Monday, please let us know and we'll be happy to pick this back up for further review.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
kens96
Hooked

Hello @TheMightyAJ 

Thank you for looking into it and getting back to me. 

My internet service is currently working just fine although slower than it should be as I am clearly being banded. Mass service outage? do you mean an issue with the DLM reset? 

Thanks!

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

A Mass Service Outage usually refers to an issue on the Openreach network affecting a large number of lines.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
kens96
Hooked

Hello @Strat 

Thank you, this is of course what I assumed it meant but my broadband is working and I asked for a DLM reset at the start of the week and so I am unclear how the service outage is related especially give that I am not actually experiencing any issues?

I can see on the BT website there are/were issues in a number of locations with phone numbers similar to mine, I must be one of the lucky ones as I am not affected.

Given there are issues in the vicinity perhaps it is why they are not processing PlusNet's bulk DLM reset requests.

Anyway, I still just need a reset please.

kens96
Hooked

Hello Plusnet,

The request to BT has now been processed and line is up to full speed!

Thanks

Plusnet3.jpg

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Glad to hear it's all up and running as expected @kens96.

Give us a nudge if you need further assistance,

Thanks.