Did you mean: 

Speed and Profile Drop, Nothing wrong says Customer Service

dws1900
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Speed and Profile Drop, Nothing wrong says Customer Service

@danludlow 

Hi

Please be patient as I or others cannot comment until we see the GEA, and which AFAIK the provision of the report may require a third party.

Only then can we see if there is a line issue, or perhaps not, in which case we would need to look elsewhere.

I can understand the frustration, I have never had Superfast broadband from day one, and there are others in a worst position (and IMTO should have never gone to VDSL but stayed on ADSL).

Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

@danludlow 

The fact is that Plusnet is a budget provider. If you want a premium ISP and are prepared to pay for it then AAISP come recommended by many.

They use the same BT infrastructure but are more proactive when it comes to customer service.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

dws1900
Aspiring Pro

@Strat 

A search on the page 

https://community.plus.net/t5/Community-Announcements/Forum-Rules/m-p/1167432#post_general

show zero instances of the word capitals, upper or shout.

From a legal point of view perhaps the contents should be made clearer.

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

@dws1900 it does state that posts or titles shouldn't be in ALL CAPS.
dws1900
Aspiring Pro

@Browni 

WeLl I MiSsEd ThAt One, bUt Not VeRy ClEaR Smiley

danludlow
Aspiring Pro

Thanks @dws1900 , I have no wish to break any rules. I highlighted my request reminder because there had been no response from anyone at Plusnet yet the post had been seen by what, 250 people plus, one of the busier ones. No response for a few hours is understandable in busy times and short staffed, but days? 

danludlow
Aspiring Pro

@Browni Thanks for pointing it out, I was wrong. I don't read rules in detail as rule, I assume they are commonsense and sensible, perhaps they are.

I take it there are rules preventing neon lights with "Plusnet please look at this post" from being used too.

So Plusnet get there eventually or not at all, pot luck service. 

dws1900
Aspiring Pro

@danludlow 

If i recall the last GeA I requested took a few days. Alternatively request via the existing ticket, then post it here.

danludlow
Aspiring Pro

Thank you @Baldrick1 . I think the one quality in life that i put above all else is reliability. Knowing that whatever it is, it will work every time. Unreliable angers me.

I have a basic small Honda, 11 years since new, it has failed to start first time 3 times in those 11 years and 100,000 miles, every failure recorded and looked at at the dealership. Twice I didn't allow sufficient time to spin the engine, once was a bad sensor reading. 

With that kind or reliability I won't look elsewhere for my next car.

Not two years ago I was getting over 52Mbps on an 800M distance from the Cabinet, that amazed me. Today I am getting half that. I just looked at BT to see what they are offering and they are offering the same slower speeds last time I looked it was a lot faster.

I see others posting who say that their connection speed has slowed down recently. It looks deliberate.

When FTTP starts to come through someone wants a bigger difference in speed maybe to encourage take-up and recoup big investment? My Cabinet got extra Fibre about a year ago, a New "Spine" was brought into the village not for FTTC I'm thinking, getting ready for FTTP. 

I will look at the Suppler you suggested. 

danludlow
Aspiring Pro

Thanks @dws1900 It seems to me that extra CS staff wouldn't go amiss. It takeas awhile to get action or answers, when you ring, you're queued. Time is valuable for both customer and staff.

danludlow
Aspiring Pro

Plusnet staff:

Can I have a GEA Test please as requested in an earlier post on this thread.

I again attach a BTW Performance Test taken a year ago, and have added one taken just now for Comparison.

How is it that a Year ago the Acceptable Speed for my line was 40-49.5 Mbps a year ago, but today seemingly it is 25.86-36.95Mbps, the minimum speed on my contract is 30Mbps yet the acceptable speed shown is supposedly well below that. How can it be an Acceptable speed with such a huge reduction to what? 60% of what was once considered acceptable? One assumes that part of Openreach's job is to increase capacity to meet demand rather than lowering expected speeds to avoid engineering intervention.

The industry needs more competition. 

If Possible could you set my profile higher and check that my Broadband account is on the normal balanced speed and stability rather than the stability setting. Towards the end of last year I think Matthew Wheeler found my account had been wrongly requested as stability biased and DLM had slowed me down accordingly.

Many thanks.

Buttercup
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi @danludlow, I do apologise for the delay in getting back to you - I've included the GEA test below. 

KBD
GEA Test Detail
Circuit ID NA Service ID  

Test Outcome Pass
Test Outcome Code GTC_FTTC_SERVICE_0000
Description GEA service test completed and no fault found .
Main Fault Location OK
Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 38.2 Mbps
Upstream Speed 7.6 Mbps
Appointment Required N
Fault Report Advised N
NTE Power Status PowerOn
Voice Line Test Result Pass
Radio Frequency Ingress Not Detected
Repetitive Electrical Impulse Noise Not Detected
Cross Talk Not Detected
Estimated Line Length In Metres 845.3
Upstream Rate Assessment Very Good
Downstream Rate Assessment Good
Interference Pattern Not Detected
Service Impact No Impact Observed
Home Wiring Problem Not Detected
Downstream Policing Discard Rate 0.0
Customer Traffic Level Upstream and Downstream traffic detected
Technology VDSL
Current 15Min Bin Retrains 0
Last 15Min Bin Retrains 0
DP Type External
Profile Name 0.128M-44M Downstream, Retransmission Low - 0.128M-20M Upstream, Error Protection Off
Time Stamp 2020-09-10T17:00:00
Parameters MIN MAX AVG
Down Stream Line Rate 39.9 Mbps 44.0 Mbps 41.0 Mbps
Up Stream Line Rate 7.6 Mbps 9.0 Mbps 8.1 Mbps
Up Time 723.0 Sec 900.0 Sec 899.6 Sec
Retrains 0.0 1.0 0.0
Current and Last 15 Minute Bin Performance
Parameters Last Traffic Count(Upto 15 mins) Current Traffic Count(Upto 15 mins)
Start Time Stamp 2020-09-23T15:30:05Z 2020-09-23T15:45:05Z
Ingress Code Violation 0 0
Egress Code Violation 0 0
Errored Seconds 0 0
Severely Errored Seconds 0 0
Unavailable Seconds 0 0

Jess Moore
 Plusnet Help Team
dws1900
Aspiring Pro

@danludlow 

Your GEA show's no line or wiring issues, ie no crosstalk or interference, which is what I wanted to check prior to going any further. I feel there must be an issue elsewhere, maybe in the dslam.

I assume you are on the higher speed contract, ie greater than 40 Mbs, but your profile is lower.

In this case you should get PN to look into why the profile is possibly incorrect, but prior to that I advise you pass the issue via @Baldrick1 as he has more experience than me.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

I agree it looks like the download is banded at 44Mbps for some reason.

@Buttercup  I understand that Plusnet can request a DLM reset on banded lines. It would be interesting to see if a reset improved this connection.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Buttercup
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

@Baldrick1 I can certainly pop the request in - though the reason I didn't in the first instance is that the speeds are syncing more than just 1-2Mbps below the banded line amount, if the line was reaching 44 and was capped at 44 I would definitely agree!

I'll place the request this evening for you @danludlow, it usually takes around 3-5 working days to get a response from them, but I'll let them know it's happened before and fingers crossed they might pick it up a little quicker for you.

Jess Moore
 Plusnet Help Team