cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed and Lockdown

dj1234
Dabbler

Speed and Lockdown

I have noticed that over the last few months during this lock down that my broadband speed has gone from 22 to 23mbps with a High of 26mbps at best to top speed to 14.99mbps so my speed must be being Throttled for such a bad collapse in speed so something is very wrong there.

I have noticed that my Hub One disconnects at least once a month and can sometimes be as much as once a week. I ask should my Hub One work month in month out without disconnections do most plusnet users not get any internet disconnections month in month out?.

Just I am starting to think my Hub One might have problems because the disconnections are Not from Power Cuts ect and lots of times I have been awake at 1 2 and 3 am in the morning when the hub one has gone from Blue to Red with the red B sign showing to Orange to go back to Blue and it always takes a few minutes 3 or 4.

I have looked at the Manual and it states that Red shows there is a problem from elsewhere and same for Orange do not get me wrong the internet connection comes back on and I get a speed drop and it can take a few weeks to get back to my max speed as long as no disconnections in between.

Please note the above was before my broadband speed collapse during lock down.

Any help or pointers most welcome.

DJ

2 REPLIES 2
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Re: Speed and Lockdown

Hello @dj1234,

Thanks for reaching out to us here. 

I'm sorry to read you're having trouble with your broadbad speeds, Together with our network partners at Openreach we are prioritising customers who don’t have a phone line or broadband connection, meaning there might be a delay in Speed Faults being fixed. In the meantime, please raise your speed fault online at faults.plus.net

Thanks. 

dj1234
Dabbler

Re: Speed and Lockdown

Thank you I will have to see what happens now I have raised the speed fault.

with thanks for your help