cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed Speed Speed

oldjack
Grafter

Speed Speed Speed

Hope somebody can advise me. Just been updated to fibre..Line rates in Router upstream 19643Kbps Downstream 64095 Kbps. I know there is a settling down period but I did expect a download speed in excess of my previous ADSL  achieved download rate of  6500Kbps.. Upload is more reasonable at 15950 Kbps. I'll try to attach BT test.
6 REPLIES 6
darklight
Grafter

Re: Speed Speed Speed

Yes it does seem you do have a problem there, big speed drop, from your profile, i think you many need to wait a bit for your line to settle down, personally i don't think it will get any better without someone looking into the problem, i think you need to give it so long before plusnet will take any action.
oldjack
Grafter

Thank you darklight that was my concern too. I'll be, no doubt, be paying for high speed internet for the next 10 days and, getting my old speed for extra cost.
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Your account hasn't been changed yet - give me 5 minutes.
INTERNAL: If you could drop your PPP connection and reconnect, you should get full speeds.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
oldjack
Grafter

Thank you Tony,
                              Plusnet has given me a hell of a day. After being told that today's Bt appointment was cancelled due to change of contract and it would be the 8th or 9th imagine my surprise to be woken at 08.50 by the Openreach man. I had problems getting on line so I rang Plusnet who were very helpful and confirmed I was active, so I switched to my VDSL modem/router which was quite erractic but finally settled BUT at the 6.45 download speed. I must have re-configured my router about 6 times and re-configured windows 7 internet set up. Now I find that that was unnecessary because my account had not been activated. Thanks a bundle Plusnet.
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

Thanks a bundle Plusnet.

PN will only transfer you over to fibre once they have been told by BTOR. There is often a delay.  However, now it's up & working just sit back & enjoy the experience. My past 2.5 years of PN fibre have been most enjoyable.
oldjack
Grafter

Lo Tijara33,
                          Note that Plusnet told me that my account was active!! It seems that it wasn't