cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed Reduced after internet outage yesterday

scottca
Dabbler

Speed Reduced after internet outage yesterday

i was using my internet yesterday afternoon when the internet went down resulting in me having to restart my router. After restarting my router I'm missing 10 - 15 meg of download speed.
Can someone from plus net check my line profile?
todays speed test
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5001849512
versus a previous speed test pn the 5th January
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4970270951
Ive reset all the kit in the house and checked all connections. wired or wireless makes no difference.
Coincidentally there was an open reach van at the cabinet and in my street yesterday. Not sure if that is related or not.
3 REPLIES 3
warpspider
Grafter

Re: Speed Reduced after internet outage yesterday

Just going to point out what I was told by openreach.
Plusnet have an automated system that throttles you back if you have too many disconnects in a short period of time, it does it to try and make your line stable to stop dropouts.  You can either make them reset it manually or wait a few weeks for it to automatically try to push it back up again.
Considering how hard it is to get CS to reply or how many hours it takes to get through to them on the phone.. good luck.
scottca
Dabbler

Quote from: warpspider
Considering how hard it is to get CS to reply or how many hours it takes to get through to them on the phone.. good luck.

Thanks - Thought id roll the dice on here before phoning. In experience nobody apart from first line support works at the weekend anyway so its pointless phoning.
I may log an online case.
dick:green Quote adjusted to comply with forum rules.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Quote from: warpspider
Just going to point out what I was told by openreach.
Plusnet have an automated system that throttles you back if you have too many disconnects in a short period of time, it does it to try and make your line stable to stop dropouts.  You can either make them reset it manually or wait a few weeks for it to automatically try to push it back up again.
Whoever told you that was talking absolute rubbish
The automated systems are totally controlled by BT Openreach and Plusnet have no influence on them