Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed Issues

FIXED
Vipermac
Dabbler

Speed Issues

Hello

I have an issue with my broadband being very slow. I have tested the download and upload speed and they seem okay to me. 50 down and 12 up so that is what I usually get. But when ever i browse the internet the pages are very slow to load up. Some of them even time out since it is taking too long. This isn't just on my PC too. Even my iphone takes long to browse on the internet. Xbox is having issues not connecting to Xbox live and Steam cant load up the home page. I had this trouble ever since I decided to upgrade my package to allow for a faster speed. I tried everything. Port Forwarding, 5ghz wireless channel only and even used wired connection but it doesn't seem like anything is working. Streaming videos on Youtube or Netflix seems fine no buffering or anything. 

Might be a busted router so I might try to use the other Plusnet Hub i have. 

Any other potential fixes out there?

Cheers 

6 REPLIES 6
Menace65
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Speed Issues

The websites that are slow, might be having problems, I'm finding the BBC site, to be slow.

I have fibre extra**, does not mean all sites will be fast. Steam is a bit slow to me as well, since the update [steam] last tuesday, esp the forums.

All the best

** Did have!

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Sorry to hear you're having issues.

We've tested your line and that's not showing any issues.

Can you confirm if you're still having issues today?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Vipermac
Dabbler

Yeah it is still happening. Downloading stuff is fine but its browsing that isnt. It takes longer then usual for the page to load both on my pc and on my phone.

Vipermac
Dabbler

It seems like whatever you guys has done it fixed the problem. Xbox live connecting properly, steam is connecting properly and website pages are loading up in an instant both on pc and iPhone. What was the problem btw? My guess is a configuration issue on my router.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Fix

Glad to hear it's working now.

I suspect the issue was down to a incorrect profile which I corrected

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Vipermac
Dabbler

Ah well thanks again Matthew Smiley