cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed Issues - Half The Speed I'm Paying For

stevebottrell

Speed Issues - Half The Speed I'm Paying For

I seem to have halved my download speed from 45Mb to 17Mb, have reported it through the Broadband Troubleshooter days ago but no reply yet.
I see lots of other people on here are having speed issues too. I mean when i signed up in 2013 it was 45Mb download  that I was getting for £19.99 a month, now it's £19.99 a month for a 17Mb connection!
Also just noticed that Unlimited Fibre Extra is also £19.99 a month for up-to 76Mb Download speed.
So I'm paying the same price for a supposed 45Mb connection as a 76Mb connection. But I assume that is the usual 'NEW Customer Only' crap that all companies pull.
Have PN been dropping speeds for a reason? I would love to know or am I just unlucky?
7 REPLIES 7
shure
Grafter

Re: Speed Issues - Half The Speed I'm Paying For

If you are out of contract you can (and should) get a better deal if you call up and speak to the retentions team.  It just doesn't happen automatically so if you don't say anything you will be kept on what you have.  To be fair most companies operate like that.  In PN's favour if you do haggle hard enough you can get some good deals. You just have to do your research first.
OTOH, if your speeds are dropping that would seem more of an issue to resolve first before the financial one!  What is your IP profile and PN's line speed?
Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

If you were getting 45Mb then you were already on the upto 76Mb package the only other one plusnet offer is upto 40Mb so nothing has changed in that regard you were paying for up to 76Mb in the first place
As for the speed loss hopefully someone from the CRT will see this and help out. 
stevebottrell

I assume I'm out of contract, been on this package since August 2013 which was a 45 Mb download speed. Should I be on the upto 76Mb package automatically or not?
The IP Profile on the btwholesale speedtest thingy was 46.8Mbs down and 20 Mbs upload, I have just tested again and now my IP Profile is 18.58Mbs.
Have attached before and after images
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

I assume that you have raised a fault at https://faults.plus.net
You do realise that since the problem is between you and the cab it will go with you if you change providers
stevebottrell

Yes I reported it on the 10th September no reply as yet, maybe an Openreach have mucked something up in the cabinet, I have had no issues up until last week.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Sorry to hear you haven't had a response yet.
I've flagged it to our Faults team and we'll get that picked up as soon as we can.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
stevebottrell

Well I have an engineer booked for monday so let's see what happens. Thanks