Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed Issue after migration from John Lewis Broadband

FIXED
mully

Speed Issue after migration from John Lewis Broadband

Hi

I have recently migrated from standard John Lewis broadband ADSL to Plusnet Fibre Broadband.  When I was on the old JL ADSL I had a link which ran around 16-18Mbps.  The estimated speed that Plusnet have advised I should be seeing is close to 80Mbps on the new fibre broadband.  I have waited 14 days and my Internet speed is still at 16-18Mbps, even though I have received an email from PlusNet stating the line speed is currently 78Mbps.

The router troubleshooting confirms what I am seeing and is reporting the old ADSL speed as well

00:48:22, 14 Dec. (731600.130000) PPPoA is up -​ VPI: 0, VCI: 38 Down Rate=20536Kbps, Up Rate=1071Kbps; SNR Margin Down=2.9dB, Up=6.8dB

I suspect I haven't been transferred over to the Fibre Broadband,  is there a way to get this checked?

Thanks

Andy

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Post released from Spam Filter.

3 REPLIES 3
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 392

Re: Speed Issue after migration from John Lewis Broadband

PPPoA is up -​ VPI: 0, VCI: 38

Definitely still ADSL!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Fix

Your router info shows you are indeed still on ADSL. PPPoA VPI & VCI are all ADSL connection details. Your Plusnet account is probably FTTC and the line speed is set to the default maximum but your service has not been upgraded.

I wouldn't have waited 1 day to tell PlusNet to sort it out , get onto customer service and ask them to provide you with the service you are paying for.Smiley

mully

Thanks both for the advice.  Been onto Provisioning and they are going to sort it out for me Grin