cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed Halved from what I had, waiting for technical support call !!

cra2y80y
Hooked

Speed Halved from what I had, waiting for technical support call !!

Waiting for tech support to call me regarding why I lost half my broadband speed.  So while I been waiting I have been looking at my router stats.  See below.

Profile State         UP Speed    Down Speed  SNR Upstream   SNR Downstream   

17a Showtime  19998 (Kbps)  32385 (Kbps)     68 (0.1dB)         121 (0.1dB)

Now I'm sure that my SNR Downstream use to be around the 60 mark like my upstream.  

So I'm now wondering if plus.net have changed my profile from Unlimited Extra to the Unlimited(40/20) package.

Anyone else got an idea, why my SNR is so high and I use to get 60+ download and now down to 32?

Well tomorrow is the 72 hours window for the call to tell me what they doing next, wonder if I'll get that call or not.

3 REPLIES 3
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Re: Speed Halved from what I had, waiting for technical support call !!

Hi , Has this just happened or did it start last week ?  

Reason i ask is a few had this happen but not everyone has gone beck to normal , including me

https://community.plus.net/t5/Plusnet-Feedback/Slow-Download-Speeds-many-reports-but-nothing-on-Serv...

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
cra2y80y
Hooked

Did not notice the issue until this weekend just gone (23rd Sept) when I was browsing the internet and it felt very slow, which made me check my sync speed and I called support then.

So I can't say if this is part of the issue from a week ago or not.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, 

Sorry to see there's been an issue, I can see you've also been experiencing disconnections so these symptoms will all likely be part of the same problem. 

I noticed from checking your account that an engineer is set to come and see you tomorrow so I hope that helps. 

Let us know if you need anything further from us. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team