cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed Fault Reported

DuncanM
Grafter

Speed Fault Reported

I registered a speed fault on my service on Saturday afternoon as I have been below the minimum guaranteed speed for several months and have dropped from 63mb to 48mb since I first went onto FTTC in Februay 2016. My contract is up on 7 October.  I have checked and there has been no update to the ticket at all since Saturday. I was advised it would be looked at within 48 hours. How much longer should I wait ? Concerned its been forgotten.

4 REPLIES 4
DuncanM
Grafter

Re: Speed Fault Reported

Please can someone have a look at this ticket 205298426. It's a week tomorrow since I raised this and no one has got back to me yet. I was advised I would hear something back within 48 hours as to what is happening. Thanks
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Thanks for your post @DuncanM and apologies for the delayed response.

I've just picked this up for you and updated it with the next steps.

Let us know once you've responded

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
DuncanM
Grafter

Hi, I have an engineer booked for Friday. Does this mean the engineer will come to my property or just attend the street cabinet or a mixture of both depending on the fault. I am a bit concerned with this " the engineer finds a fault that is caused by your internal wiring, equipment, the condition of Openreach equipment in your property & boundary, or if no fault is found a charge of £65 will apply"

I understand everything my side of the master socket is my responsibility but this seems to suggest things are different and the my side of the socket responsibility no longer applies. Is it now the point at which the external wiring leaves the public highway and goes over my property boundary externally ? I have no idea where it goes as it is all underground. Who has Openreach equipment in their property ? If its openreach property that has the fault how can it be fair that I could be charged ? Also there must be a fault if an engineer has been suggested to attend? 

patti
Grafter

@DuncanM  Hope you don't mind me asking. How did you raise a fault request? I am having a problem with this.

Thanks in advance.