cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed Drops Every Week at Same Time !

onlyme4
Dabbler

Speed Drops Every Week at Same Time !

Every Saturday morning between 9-12 my fibre internet speed drops from 67mb to 25mb and would stay at that speed  If I didn't reset the router (Hub One) . Once the router is reset the speed goes back up to 67mb and the fault disappears.

Only been on fibre for four weeks and this fault has been there the whole time. Before this I was on standard (17mb) broadband with PN and the line and speed was faultless.

I've tried using a different router (HomeHub 5) and changing wireless channels etc, and it shows the same fault. PN customer support have drawn a blank as well. They say there is no fault on the line and BT Openreach say the same ! 

Anyone have any ideas at all what could be causing this and any possible fixes ?

It's not a big deal having the reset the router once-per-week, but I'd prefer not to have to do this.

5 REPLIES 5
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Speed Drops Every Week at Same Time !

Welcome to the community forums @onlyme4.

Sorry to hear your speeds are dropping every week. When this happens is it only on wireless? If you haven't already, please could you test if it affects a wired connection also.

If it's regular ever week at the same time, it's possible it could be some sort of back up that's running, however if it was that I would have expected it to be the same back on ADSL as well Undecided

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
onlyme4
Dabbler

I'll give the wired (ethernet) connection a go when it drops out again on Saturday morning, to see if it also affects the wired connection or just wireless.
I must admit I hadn't considered checking if the speed also drops on a wired connection.
Will report back on Saturday with the findings.
In the meantime thanks for the suggestion and taking the time to respond.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

No problem Thumbs_Up

Let us know how you get on on Saturday (Providing the speeds drop and don't do the typical thing of not breaking when you want them to for monitoring purposes) and I'll aim to get back to you some time next week Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
onlyme4
Dabbler

Well...its been a couple of weeks now and surprisingly, there has been no speed loss ! 

Whatever was causing my speed to drop at the same time every Saturday has either been resolved or managed to fix itself. 

I'll continue to monitor the situation and report back if the fault come back after the Christmas break 

Thanks.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Although admittedly I'm not sure what caused of fixed this issue, I'm glad to hear it now appears to be resolved.

Please do let us know if the problems return and we'll get that looked in to for you Thumbs_Up

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet