Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed Dropping Again

Jay61
Dabbler

Speed Dropping Again

HI

Speed dropping again and internet feeling slow and noise margin has gone to 7.2 which was at 4 before.

can it be set at 4 again please, because the last openreach engineer asked for the nosie to be hard set. because as i understand noise is set cp end.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Jay61
Dabbler

Re: Speed Dropping Again

Noise 9.1 now and lines banded again, 

Jay61
Dabbler

can someone test my line please. i know its a external fault because i had it fix in december be openreach.

so can someone reset the line again please and hard set the nosie margin back to how it was in december.

lines become unstable and dropping alot more.

3 times this as being fixed by engineer. plusnet are take the bills on time but are not fixing the fault.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey @Jay61,

I'm sorry you've been having trouble with your speed again and I apologise for the frustration caused. On checking your account I can see that you've already been in touch with our contact centre today to discuss this; on testing the service just now I can see your speeds are above the MGS and within estimates. The information the advisor confirmed over the phone is factually correct in that this would be something an engineer would need to be called out for to pin the noise margin. 

If you do notice the speeds going under the MGS please give us a nudge here and we can go from there. 

Thanks. 

Jay61
Dabbler

Hi, thanks for the reply Mads,

i had this problem in december which was requested by plusnet to BT Wholesale to reset the banding profile to a 80/20

the line is banded again. now my sync is 54998kbps, and noise margin is 10.5. and will keep getting worse.

i dont see way i need a engineer to visit because its not a internal fault, the engineer asked for the noise to be hard set to 6 because the noise margin is set cp end, i understand its bt end and not plusnet, its just i have had 3 engineers out since july and it is still not fixed..

i am paying for a profile for 80/20 line not a 55/20.

I understand we are in a lockdown, but when things get back to normal can the nosie get hard set to 6 please.

Thanks

Jay61
Dabbler