cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed Drop

Gussie
Grafter

Re: Speed Drop

Could someone from Plusnet please respond.
Gussie
Grafter

Could someone from Plusnet PLEASE respond.
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

I had a similar issue earlier this year, from 44 down to 30 so I requested a DLM reset which obviously had to be carried out by a BT engineer. He very obligingly came to my house after the reset to see if it had worked. As it hadn't he then changed the BT modem & immediately my speed increased to 45  where it has remained ever since. I've been told that the new ECI(?) modem is probably a better match for my cab.
Gussie
Grafter

I guess Plusnet staff no longer bother to respond to complaints of speed drops.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Hi there.
Sorry to hear that your speeds have dropped.
If you raise a fault at http://faults.plus.net we'll get that looked into.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Gussie
Grafter

Quote from: Matthew
Hi there.
Sorry to hear that your speeds have dropped.
If you raise a fault at http://faults.plus.net we'll get that looked into.

11:54am, Wednesday 10 Dec 2014
Your support request has been escalated to the correct team for review.
How long should I wait for your response?
Your Faults Troubleshooter is very confusing - asking various questions about my cabling etc and then suddenly stopping and saying Plusnet will get back to me. I felt that I had not been given the chance to detail my speed drop as per this thread.
This and the lack of response on this forum does not bode well.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Our faults team should pick this up over the course of the weekend. However to pre-empt them, I don't think there's going to be a huge amount we can do. When you signed up we gave an estimate of 30Mb, your line is still well over this amount. I understand that you had higher previously, however fibre services are very susceptible to increased take-up on the local cabinet which can cause cross-talk.
WWWombat has made a very good post about this here:
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,134760.msg1180010.html#msg1180010
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Gussie
Grafter

Quote from: Chris
Our faults team should pick this up over the course of the weekend. However to pre-empt them, I don't think there's going to be a huge amount we can do. When you signed up we gave an estimate of 30Mb, your line is still well over this amount. I understand that you had higher previously, however fibre services are very susceptible to increased take-up on the local cabinet which can cause cross-talk.
WWWombat has made a very good post about this here:
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,134760.msg1180010.html#msg1180010

I'm sorry but I just do not accept your comment.
You will see from the graphs I posted - I had solid excellent speeds for two months. Now my speeds are gradually dropping and the graphs and ping times now look dreadful! Just compare the graphs !
YOU SEEM TO IMPLY THAT I SHOULD BE GRATEFUL TO GET EVEN 30Mb !!! AND THAT I SHOULD REALLY EXPECT NOTHING MORE !!!
WELL MY EXPECTATIONS WERE SET WHEN I GOT 51Mb FOR TWO MONTHS AND I WANT TO KNOW WHY PLUSNET SEEM TO WASH THEIR HANDS AND PLEAD TOTAL INNOCENCE.
THE WAY THINGS ARE GOING I EXPECT THAT I WILL BE GETTING 30Mb IN THE NEW YEAR.
Chris
Legend

I understand you're frustrated but I'm trying to give you the correct expectations here, our faults team will take a look and if we can do anything about the speed drop we will. However as you're still above the estimates we may not have any joy trying to escalate a fault through.
The explanation I've linked to is a very good insight into why speeds can drop on fibre.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Gussie
Grafter

Quote from: Chris
I understand you're frustrated but I'm trying to give you the correct expectations here, our faults team will take a look and if we can do anything about the speed drop we will. However as you're still above the estimates we may not have any joy trying to escalate a fault through.
The explanation I've linked to is a very good insight into why speeds can drop on fibre.

Well, there certainly has been a change in Plusnet's attitude.
Back in June, you were extremely helpful in raising my speed to 51Mb from an intitial 35Mb on day one - no mention of  "... we gave an estimate of 30Mb ... "  You did a fault check - no questions asked - and a few days later - bang - I get 51Mb.
That made the initial estimate totally invalid !
What exactly was different back in June to permit you to increase my speed ????Huh
Chris
Legend

Having reviewed your account, back in June we tested the line and there was a fault on the phone service, from this there was an issue identified with the line card at the exchange.
As mentioned, our faults team will pick this up and test the line, if there is a problem they spot we'll work to resolve it.