Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed Drop

wwffan2
Dabbler

Speed Drop

Good Morning

we had fibre optic installed at our new property yesterday,

originally we were getting 60 mb we are now only getting the following see attached,

we are paying extra for a minimum of 60 mb please can you take a look at this for me

kind regards

10 REPLIES 10
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Speed Drop

Morning,

I am sorry to hear you are having speed issues since your fibre upgrade. I've just adjusted your speed profile on your account, please can you reboot your router and let me know how you get on?

Thanks,

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
wwffan2
Dabbler

Thanks for your message Anoush 

Thanks this has improved the speed to 54.98 its still less than the minimum of 60mb I am paying for is there anything else that can be done as yesterday we had 60mb +

kind regards

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problems.

Is this over a wired or wireless connection?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
wwffan2
Dabbler

Hello

Thanks for your response again

this is wireless

it seems strange yesterday that I had much better speeds and today they drop by so much

best wishes

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Honestly that's still a very good speed for a wireless connection. Your router is in sync at 69 Mb/s still. Can you try using a wired connection to compare the results?

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
wwffan2
Dabbler

Hello

Thanks for your quick reply

wired I get 64.40 which is great

is it possible I could get this wirelessly ?

Thanks

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

It depends, wireless can be affected by a variety of factors. Could try the tips here to improve your wifi signal: https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/getting-the-best-wifi-signal/

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
wwffan2
Dabbler

Good Morning The speed drop this morning is appalling we are now only getting 49.95mb and very poor upload speed when we are paying for a minium of 60 mb and this is using a wired connection

please can you take a look

Many Thanks

SteveA
Pro
Fixes: 3

Have you gone through the troubleshooter? Have you run a BT speed test?  If you do that then you can open a ticket - which at least means you've got something there for PN to work on.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I am sorry to hear your speed has dropped.

I'm testing your line, I can see your router is still in sync at 69 Mb/s which is within your estimate of between 63 Mb/s and 80 Mb/s. Your connection is also looking stable:

I'm noticing a high amount of usage going through your connection on Saturday.

I'd advise to complete a speed test at www.speedtest.btwholesale.com with no other devices connected to the router, and/or no background tasks open on the PC you're using. Let us know how you get on?

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet