cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed Drop

dai
Grafter

Speed Drop

Since the very well publicised outings of yesterday and today, I have lost around 5Mb off my speed. The net result being I've gone from high 23Mb, to now having low 18Mb. Can someone take a look at this please.
6 REPLIES 6
dai
Grafter

Re: Speed Drop

Can someone please take a look at this? I have to say, I thought the consensus that Plusnets customer service had fallen off a cliff was possibly exaggerated, but on the occasions I've used this forum for help in the past, the response was always quick, and extremely helpful! A response was always far quicker forthcoming than this!
dai
Grafter

Could someone take 5 mins to take a look at this please, maybe something as simple as a SNR Reset or speed push please?
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Hi dai, apologies for the delayed response.

Looking over your account, everything seems to be set correctly. I can see that the speed profile dropped around 3Mbps on 21/07/16 at 18:53, but a delta report on the 22/07/16 bumped this back up.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
dai
Grafter

Hi Harry, Thanks for the help. That was the impression that I got, around a 3-4 Mb drop. Incidentally was there a drop in the 10 days leading up to that drop, as it seemed to have dropped around 2Mb then aswell. I was sitting at around 24Mb around two weeks ago, but last night I was only getting around 17Mb? Should I disconnect and reboot the router when I get home to "Bump" it up from 17 Mb? Once again, thanks for the help.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

I've just checked back to your account and it does look like it needed a reconnect as the session was started prior to the speed going back up.

When I tested the connection earlier, this dropped it off, so it should be back up around 22Mbps when you get home now.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
dai
Grafter

Cheers Harry! Will just have to wait and see if the other speed lost comes back in time. Once again, thanks for the help, I appreciate it!