cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed Capped

alephant
Grafter

Speed Capped

Since a couple of day, my download speed has decreased from ~60 Mbps to exactly 10 Mbps.

I did not change anything in my equipment and I did not find any fault. 

Hub one shows 

Downstream: 72.64 Mbps
Upstream: 20 Mbps

But speedtests and download indicates that, while upload speed has remained good, the download speed is like capped to exactly 10.

Retrieving speedtest.net server list...
Selecting best server based on ping...
Hosted by London Web (London) [2.56 km]: 26.683 ms
Testing download speed................................................................................
Download: 10.01 Mbit/s
Testing upload speed....................................................................................................
Upload: 18.21 Mbit/s

As far as I had observed, the connection has always been stable and I never experienced disconnections. Only in the past two days I have disconnected-reconnected the modem 4-5 times in order to run some verifications, change cables etc

4 REPLIES 4
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Speed Capped

Hi there,

Tests performed when you reported the issue with us have picked up on a potential fault on our supplier's network so they're looking into it for us.

We should have an update for you within the next couple of days so I'll check for that tomorrow and get back to you again here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I've just chased for an update and an engineer is due to be assigned to work on this at the exchange tomorrow.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
alephant
Grafter

Hi, it appears the engineer must have done is job quite well. The download speed is now slightly above 60Mbps. I am relieved this issue has been addressed quickly.

Thanks!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

That's good to hear Thumbs_Up

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet