Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed Capped

FIXED
briarley17
Grafter

Speed Capped

Hi there,

Whilst I was at work today, my mum was experiencing wireless connectivity issues and called Plusnet support to sort out as I was not around to diagnose. (Question #124308092)

However, whilst doing so she says she switched the router/modem off at the wall 2-3times, which appears to have dropped our speed (see attached images).

The last I checked, our line speed was set at seventy-something Plusnet's end, which matched up with the BT Wholesale speedtest result at the time.

Would it possible to have the line set back to 'seventy-something'? As the 'instability' seen was my mother switching off the router/modem today.

Or should I let DLM readjust over time?

Thanks for your time.

4 REPLIES 4
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: Speed Capped

The BTW IP Profile is the limiter to the speed on the line. Plusnet cannot alter this, only DLM or an Openreach engineer can do that. So I would suggest waiting for a week or two to see if the DLM will adjust the speed back.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Fix

As @SpendLessTime suggest we're unable to alter line profiles, or reset them directly on FTTC circuits. It should increase again over time but if it doesn't please feel free to get back in touch.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
briarley17
Grafter

Thank you both for your replies.

Any idea on the usual time-scale for the line to return to 'normal'?

Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

As long as the Line remains stable enough and there are not a lot of errors it could be anything from a couple of days to a couple of weeks it's totally up to DLM as to when and if it increases the speed back up again,  as said already give it a couple of weeks if nothing changes then contact Plusnet again.