cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SonicWall VPN stopped working

davide
Hooked

SonicWall VPN stopped working

SonicWALL stopped working this week (not sure when).

Message is "the peer is not responding to phase 1 isakmp"

Works from phone hotspot so must be router/plusnet.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Re: SonicWall VPN stopped working

Hi, There's a known problem with routing some VPN connections on the 'new' network. Might be worth adding  to this thread https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/VPN-no-longer-working/m-p/1345840/highlight/true#M4056...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

burner69uk

Hi Davide,

Speak to your IT department and ask them to get you the latest version of the Sonicwall VPN Client, there's an option in the properties tab you can select on the later versions  - restrict the size of the first ISAKMP packet sent. With this selected you should be able to connect. I had the same issue and it worked for me.

The client version I am using is 4.9.14.0427

Thanks, 

Carmine

davide
Hooked

Hi Carmine,

I have v 4.9.9.1016 and there are no options for what you are suggesting (send me a screenshot if you can) - attached are the only options I have on mine.

PlusNet made changes to their routing to allow traffic to route back to me so the problem is fixed but would be interested in your option,

burner69uk

Hi Davide, 

Here is the screenshot, the option only seems to appear in the later versions of the client.

How did you get Plusnet to change that? They refused to help me because 'They don't support VPN'. So frustrating!

Thanks, 

Carmine

davide
Hooked

Hi Carmine,

I don't have that setting on my SonicWALL.. odd.. anyhow I will investigate that... might be a switch somewhere.. I am sure answer is on Google somewhere...

With regards to PlusNet then yes very frustrating.. the normal bods on the phone are pretty much useless for this type of thing..... I suggest you add to the existing thread https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/VPN-no-longer-working/m-p/1349916#M41677

But ultimately I sent a private message to bobpullen (he is on same thread as above). He will need first three sections (octets) of your external IP address (I presume you know but put "whatsmyip" into Google). He did it within a day so a quick turnaround.

Good luck.

Thanks

David.