cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some websites don't work

brummies
Dabbler

Some websites don't work

Getting internet problems, speed is fine just can't connect to some websites at all just times out.
Any issues your end? Tried reboot etc still same problem.
17 REPLIES 17
tsphillips
Grafter

Re: Some websites don't work

I have the same issue. Some sites work fine, others not at all.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Hi
There's a issue we're aware of with a certain gateway that's having issues tonight. Unfortunately you reconnected onto the same gateway  Roll_eyes
I've manually kicked you onto a different gateway and it should be working now
Any further issues please let us know
[edit]
tsphillips I've done the same for you as well. Your connection should now be working
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
brummies
Dabbler

That's sorted it, nice one cheers.
picbits
Rising Star

I had pretty major issues earlier - between 16:00 and 17:30 I had very limited internet access and major latency on my ping graphs.
It seemed to clear up after a reboot though.
atp008x

Same major issues here - can get to plusnet but google, yahoo, most ofher sites down. Rebooted router but no joy.
Plusnet service status is all green?
A
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi atp008x
Your affected by the same issue. I've remotely dropped yours as well and your now on a different gateway so it should all be working now.
Any further issues please let us know.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

@Matthew, it would be nice, or a good idea even, if a Service Status was posted. It would be nice if someone said which gateway(s) were affected as well  Wink
atp008x

Many thanks, all working now.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

I have suggested a poster on TBB do the same - whether it will solve his problem I don't know
I am on ptw-bng01 but the Gateway checker couldn't identify it - is this part of the problem
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Quote from: Anotherone
@Matthew, it would be nice, or a good idea even, if a Service Status was posted. It would be nice if someone said which gateway(s) were affected as well  Wink

Yes it certainly would be my bad  Undecided  the gateway in question is PCL-AG03. With regards to a service status this should be posted shortly and there should be a message on the phones as well
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Anotherone
Champion

Well fancy that, just the one I'm on  Roll_eyes    I may hop in a minute, but I'm not bothered right now as I'm here, going to eat in a mo, so I will hang on for now.
Anotherone
Champion

Still no Service Status I note or any phone message/announcements  Angry
avatastic
Grafter

Quote from: Oldjim
I am on ptw-bng01 but the Gateway checker couldn't identify it - is this part of the problem

No, that's because the hostname for the bng's doesn't match the same format as the pcl/ptns and the script the gateway checker hasn't been updated to look in a different place in the hostname for the identifier.
Either because whoever looks after that usertool doesn't want to, or they keep being promised by Plusnet that the DNS entries will be brought in to line with the existing gateways.
For example:
ptn-ag01 has the hostname: lo0-central10.ptn-ag01.plus.net
ptn-bng01 has the hostname: lo0.11.central11.ptn-bng01.plus.net
The checker (I assume, as this is the way I did it in my signature image) is exploding the hostnames to separate them by the dots giving
1 - lo0-central10
2- ptn-ag01
3 - plus
4 - net
for the ptn and
1 - lo0
2 - 11
3 - central11
4 - ptn-bng01
5 -plus
6 -net
For the bng's.
Usertools gateway checker is likely looking at the 2nd entry, rather than looking at the antepenultimate entry (which would give the correct result in both cases).
F9 member since 4 Sep 1999
F9 ADSL customer since 27 Aug 2004
DLM manages your line the same way DRM manages your rights.
Look at all the pretty graphs! (now with uptime logging!)
neilbradley
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Im also experiencing the same issue, I can barely load any websites other than plus.net!
Not really on that this is now a known issue and there is nothing on the service status page.
Is it possible to get me moved to another gateway also please so I can make a payment on hsbc.co.uk?
my plus.net id is neilbradleyuk