cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solid orange light

Manny90
Grafter

Re: Solid orange light

Thanks, sorry I missed the call. It is back on now. But I've raised a separate complaint as I've been kept in the dark right the way through since I lost connection. I was told I'd get an email update but nothing. I had to drive 30+ miles to a relatives to work today. Used up almost all my mobile data yesterday. All nicely timed with your price hike. Brilliant service #sarcasm.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Thanks for getting back to us @Manny90 and I'm glad to see that a service has now been established, though I am sorry that you feel the need to raise a complaint over the way in which your fault was handled on our side. Just so your case handler is aware, when was it that you were told you'd receive an email regarding the fault? 

With your complaint being raised with our High Level Escalation's Team, a case handler will soon be assigned, and they'll be in touch. Smiley 

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
Manny90
Grafter

Your company is an actual joke. Just had a response from my complaint and you're not even going to refund me for the days I was without service. So My bill increased and I still have to pay for my downtime despite having no internet. What a joke.

And please do not ring me regarding this. Just my thoughts to anyone thinking about joining, AVOID.

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Why on earth would anyone expect compensation for one business day loss of service?

More so when you respond to basic tests and checks you should have done before reporting a fault.

Using a residential service for business is not permitted. If you broadband is that critical to you then look at services that can provide a backup if the line goes down.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

The ofcom compensation scheme would only kick in after two full working days.
Your issue seems to be resolved after 1?
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Manny90
Grafter

@Mustrum Why on earth would someone be expected to pay for a service they've not had. I was without internet from Saturday - Tuesday. 

Were the basic checks the cause of the fault? No so your point is moot. And if you can read I bought a telephone and tried the line. The line was clear.

I don't own a business.

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

@Manny90  look at your own post 41.

You state you work from home -  you should be using a business service as per the conditions of your contract and more so if you are not prepared to work within the limitations of the service you agreed to.

Manny90
Grafter

@Mustrum "2.1.3. use the services for personal use in the UK (so don't use the services to run your own business, but a couple of work emails or occasional home working are okay) and in accordance with our Acceptable Use Policy;"

So what's your point? I don't run a business and I occasionally work from home. Best not to say anything at all if you have nothing constructive to say.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Occasionally work from home or “ Normally I wouldn’t care but I work from home” which is it? Sounds like WFH is the norm not occasional.

If you determine that you have a need for internet access in support of your employment then you should consider a business grade service. Business grade has nothing to do with you running a business but everything to do with service support levels to meet your needs in earning your living.

Being unkind towards other customers offering sound advice (which you may not want to hear) is not going to help you get to a position that delivers a service which will meet your demanding expectations.

24 hour problem resolution is not a characteristic of cheap as chips residential grade services.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Manny90
Grafter

@Townman In what way have I been unkind? And where is their sound advice? They were trying to say I need a business service when I don't. They or you don't know my life or circumstances. I never worked form home before covid and with life returning to normal I don't now every day so again, what's your point? I was working from home on the Tuesday which is why I needed the internet as it was following the bank holiday and I was unable to get hold of anyone in my office to explain. I get paid with or without internet - I do not require business services and support. My whole issue was I was without internet. you know, the thing I have paid for. I did not seek compensation just baffled to why I should still be expected to pay for something I did not receive. Not to mention the conflicting information support staff have given me feeding me lies. 

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hiya @Manny90,  I can see your case handler has since liaised with you further on your ticket here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=223740247

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team