Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So what can I expect?

Minivanman
Legend
Fixes: 1

So what can I expect?

Well, the coil of cable that had been hanging on a telephone pole outside of my house for the past year has now been connected to a green box attached to the same pole and which reads 'fibre optic' - so what can I expect, FTTC or FTTP as its only a few metres from my front door.

Getting there slowly it seems after being told by BT that we'd be getting high speed broadband here in our area of south west Wales by March 2015.

Breathtaking or what?

Truth is like a threshing machine; tender sensibilities must keep out of the way.
Herman Melville
3 REPLIES 3
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: So what can I expect?

You should be able to find out here 

https://www.homeandwork.openreach.co.uk/when-can-i-get-fibre.aspx

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
Minivanman
Legend
Fixes: 1

Thanks for the link, but I have found them to be totally unreliable. It cannot even supply my address from either my postcode or my land line phone number. Garbage in, garbage out I guess but to be fair it does tell me my neighbour might get FTTP in about two months time "if all goes smoothly".

We continue to live in hope, like the rest of the rural natives. Smiley

Truth is like a threshing machine; tender sensibilities must keep out of the way.
Herman Melville
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@Minivanman

That looks good BUT I would start asking Plusnet about getting the Openreach database corrected if it is that wrong.

I don't wish to worry you but it took me a very long time to get mine corrected so that I could move onto the FTTP trial here. If I had lived is any other house in the street I could have been on FTTP years early (with BT admittedly as the PN trial hadn't started at that point)

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT