Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So Quiet! Just hope all is on track.

idonno
Champion
Fixes: 6

So Quiet! Just hope all is on track.

When I placed the order for Unlimited Fibre Extra (09/10/15), I got an email saying that the appointment for installation was to be done tomorrow (27/10/15 - I have taken a day off work) - still shows it as such and that the router would turn up "Your wireless router will arrive a day or two before the appointment - please don't plug it in until we've confirmed that your service is ready". Mmm, no sign of the router as yet. So what happened? Lost in transit or just never sent out? And since the original email I haven't had any further communications from Plusnet. No follow up emails etc. Maybe PlusNet doesn't do such niceties even though:
Keeping track of your order
===========================
We'll keep you up to date at every stage of your order via email until your services are ready to use..
I do know the direct debit is in place but only because I've checked the bank account.
I just hope the Openreach person turns up!
Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
6 REPLIES 6
Snake99

Re: So Quiet! Just hope all is on track.

Hi, I'm still waiting for my router to be delivered as well, my appointment is for the 29th and the account summary says the router is awaiting processing
CurlyMops

I was supposed to have my broadband installed today (27th). Yesterday, I rang PlusNet to let them know that I hadn't received the router. They told me that my order had been cancelled due to it not being placed correctly. (I've no idea how this happened, as I did it through one of their advisors to ensure that I got it right!). I was gob smacked on so many levels. They said that I should have been informed. I wont go on, but they've given me another date for the broadband to be installed. I have now received a message informing me that the router has been sent (something which hadn't happened before).
If this is how the service is run, it doesn't fill me with much hope.  Good Luck with your installation .... I hope it goes better than mine did!  Smiley 
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

If you lose out financially because the engineer fails to show up and a second appointment is needed claim: http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/delivery-rights
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
idonno
Champion

Thanks CurlyMops for the heads up. I just happened to check the Help pages only to come across a previously unseen message - generated on the 9th October - saying the order was cancelled. Not often I swear but I have come close to it today. At no time have I received an email or text message from Plusnet to that affect. All I've had is an email confirming the order. Cheers Plusnet. Not a very happy person at all. Words fail me. As you imply is this the best they can do?
Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
Snake99

Well, my appointment was for today but the engineer didn't show, I did recieve the router the other day though.
idonno
Champion

Mmm, just hope the 2nd attempt is better than the first. Saying that, I've had far more communcications from Plusnet (emails, sms) than I ever had before. Even the router has already arrived in the post.
And things must be a go, even BT have chimed in on the act!