cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Small but relentless slowing down over weeks?

danludlow
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Small but relentless slowing down over weeks?

Hi, My VDSL2 Connection has been stable for some time and remains so. I think that my Hub One disconnects my PC daily but does no affect my Internet connection. Something in the hub itself I suspect, a glitch rather than a fault that I'm able to live with.

I've noticed a gradual slowing down of my Connection over time and an associated lowering of my profile to keep the test lines green rather than highlight a reason to get an engineer to intervene. A BT "Ploy" I suspect.

Today my BTW Performance test suggests that I am now below minimum expected (unless BT lower the bar again). I am happy with my connection, would prefer it to be at previous speeds but at least its stable and I'm not kept waiting. I don't see that it needs intervention even if showing below speed this morning, but can you run a check to see that all is in order please and there's nothing "going home" on my connection.

Many thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Re: Small but relentless slowing down over weeks?

Hello @danludlow

From checking over your account just now and running diagnostics, you're under the speed estimates for the line. Together with our network partners at Openreach we will try to provide you with the best speeds possible. If you feel this is not the case, please raise your speed fault online at faults.plus.net  

Thanks.