Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slower speeds than contracted

andytay
Rising Star

Slower speeds than contracted

Hi,

I recently had issues with my line speed where it dropped as low as 3.3mb so i contacted support via chat who arranged for an engineer to investigate. On tuesday 20th feb a BT engineer came to my home to have a look at my wiring which was fine he also did a speed test on his gadget which said 36mb download which i thought was acceptable and thought my issue was finally fixed.

Today i decided to tempt fate and do a speed test and i was not happy at all as my account states 39-55mb but on the BT wholesale site my profile is set at 20-25mb!

As a long happy customer of Plusnet i feel as if i'm being let down as my previous abode(which is just 10 meters away was perfect speed and since i moved here 4 weeks ago my speed had been dreadful.

Could someone reset my profile to what i should be getting please.

6 REPLIES 6
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Slower speeds than contracted

Hi there, 

I can see you had a line fault last year but the speed profile as risen since then. 

Diagnostic tests don't show any problems so I'm wondering if you've been able to rule out WiFi by seeing what speeds are like over a wired connection to the router?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
andytay
Rising Star

Hi Adam,

thank you for getting back to me.

I contacted chat again today and they said that i was on the wrong IP profile! i should have been on 40-55 and somehow my Profile was reset to 25mb? Dont ask me why as the kind agent couldnt explain why either (gremlins i guess).they have upped my speed to what it should be and was told to give it 4 hours to kick in.

I'm really hoping its fixed as i do like plusnet ,and they have been pretty good to me in the past!

As for your question wifi or wired gave me the same speed and i even tried changing from 1 to 13 on the wifi signal.

andytay
Rising Star

well 4 hours have past and 34mb is all i'm getting guess i'll be ringing Plusnet this time.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

That's odd about the profile as no one viewed the account yesterday or changed the speed profile. 

It's currently set correctly at about 26mbps. 

I'd not bother calling as we'd just advise what I'm going to now which is to rule out the checks here: https://goo.gl/tu2WWu then report a fault over at http://faults.plus.net 

Let me know when you have.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
andytay
Rising Star

Hmm this is strange when i looked at my speed on my account it states this,

Estimated line speed:40Mb (This may vary between 39Mb and 55Mb) - Checked on 2017-12-29 16:27:04Current line speed:38.6 Mb

and BT wholesale speed test says this,

Download speedachieved during the test was - 37.26 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 20 Mbps-36.89 Mbps .
 Additional Information:
 IP Profile for your line is - 36.89 Mbps

Which one do i trust?

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi Andy, 

The first one is the estimates for your line, the second is the results of a speed test so it's two different sets of information. 

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team