cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slower linespeed after engineering work

gwynedd
Grafter

Re: Slower linespeed after engineering work

Engineers have just returned, there was a card blown on the cabinet last week which may have upset things, and there is a new cabinet much closer to my house. They tried to get me switched to the new cabinet, but the Dslam isn't live yet. They said I am connected to it through copper from the old cabinet. Openreach says I am connected to cabinet 6, but I am actually connected to cabinet 2. They were on the fibre helpline for ages, but couldn't find out when the new cabinet will go live.

They were very helpful, but couldn't get the line switched. 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for the update.
I actually received an email earlier today from the Openreach fibre team confirming that a live to live migration to move lines from the old cabinet to the new one is in progress, that it was meant to start earlier this week but due to unforeseen technical difficulties on the day they were unable to complete the migration. They’re hoping to rebook the engineering works within the next 14 days. Which sounds promising!
From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
gwynedd
Grafter

I don't know what is going on today, but internet went off about 3 hours ago. I called the help line and they said my line was fine, and had been up for 8 hours. I needed to reset my router, which I did, but this made no difference. I told her that this may be due to engineering work, and she said that they won't get any information until 5PM. She couldn't tell me if there was any engineering work going on, so overall not helpful. The last info I had on my ticket was work would be done on 14th Feb.

Worried I'll be without service over the weekend.

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @gwynedd 

I can see that there has been an update to this ticket which explains what is going on. 

It appears your l2l cab migration is in progress and this is the reason for your loss of service. 

I'm really sorry for any inconvenience this is going to cause you. 

Thanks, 

MoR

gwynedd
Grafter

Well, after my praise for plusnet last week, I take it all back.

A week without service, with no notice, is unacceptable.

Stuck with using costly and slow mobile data.

Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Hi @gwynedd,

I'm afraid if this wasn't done now it would still require the orders placing in the future resulting in a loss of service while the work is carried out.

Once this work has been completed, we will then refund you for any loss of service.

Thank you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional